Laundry Room, Library.
This impressively scaled and beautifully proportioned duplex maisonette is in one of Fifth Avenue's most prestigious cooperatives. This unique home is the epitome of gracious elegance and is also the perfect stage for an imaginative modern interpretation.
Upon entering there is an expansive gallery with its original black and white marble floors. Off of the gallery is a large, beautiful mahogany paneled library/dining room with fireplace. In addition, there is a huge eat-in chef's kitchen, powder and laundry rooms, a grand main staircase with wrought iron balustrades and a secondary back staircase, both leading to the upper floor.
The second floor, which can also be accessed by elevator, has an expansive hallway which leads to an elegant, very large living room with fireplace. The living room, as well as the sumptuous master suite, have pleasant, direct park views. The library/media room currently used as a bedroom, plus three smaller bedrooms with a bath and powder room complete this floor. These four bedrooms can easily be re-configured to be three bedrooms with en suite baths.
960 Fifth Avenue, was completed in 1928 by Rosario Candela and Warren and Wetmore. It is known for its grandeur and the originality of its design. The building has catering service for Lunch and Dinner and the private dining room, the Georgian Suite is available for private parties. There is also a fabulous glassed in rooftop gym with a planted outdoor terrace. Co-exclusive.
Further Maisonette Details:
• Entrance through 960 Fifth Lobby or Private Entrance on Fifth
• Western Exposure with Pleasant Park Views
• Elevator to Second Floor
• Two Interior Staircase
• Wood Burning Fireplaces
• Bar in Upstairs Hall by Living Room
• Large Private Storage in Basement
• Large Penthouse Glass - Enclosed Gym and Planted Outdoor Terrace
• Full time French Chef for Catering and Private Parties in the Georgian Suite
on the Ground Floor.
• Pied-a-Terres Allowed
• 2% Flip Tax Payable by Purchaser
• 40% Approximate Tax Deduction
• Pets Allowed
• Monthly Maintenance Paid Quarterly
• No Financing